Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Giant Commission -- Complete Russian Army

It took seven months, but this big army is complete!  Glenn has at least a base for every regiment in the Russian army.

Line Infantry





Grenadiers



Militia



Hussars


Lancers



Cossacks



Dragoons


Cuirassiers and Horse Artillery


Foot Artillery


Russian Guard




Emperors at Austerlitz



Emperors at Leipzig


This is the largest army I will paint for Glenn.  There are a total of 682 foot, 246 mounted, and 25 guns.  I have a few odds and ends to paint up for Glenn's French and Austrians, then on to the Prussians!

24 comments:

  1. Wow! Fantastic looking army Scott! I'm sure you will shed a few tears as it goes into the mail.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christopher! Yes, it will be hard to part with, but money makes everything better.

      Delete
  2. Impressive sight, Scott! I am sure Glenn will be pleased to see this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an epic sight.
    When I was a boy, I had a dream one night that I'll never forget. I dreamed that I got a big chest for Christmas, and inside were countless Napoleonic toy soldiers in all of their colorful uniforms. At the time, I had no idea that this really existed, and that a boy could really own such a dream.
    When I woke up, I was actually sad because I thought that the dream could never come true.
    Well, I had to wait until I wasn't a boy anymore, but the dream did come true.
    Thank you, Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look fantastic nice to see a childhood dream come true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Mark! I always enjoy looking at your figures too.

      Delete

  6. Wow, excellent work !!!
    And very good composition!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What rules are these units for? Beautiful work. Your painting style resonates with me - love the 'pop' and consistency.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are for Glenn's home brewed adaptation of Commands and Colors Napoleonics.

      Delete